A collection of music games for primary school students compiled by Lauren Fairbairn and Rob Fairbairn.
Suitable for primary school aged students.
40 Simple Music Games is a collection of 40 fantastic games for use by the music specialist and classroom teacher alike. It comes with a CD of music tracks for the games, and a DVD containing demonstrations by the authors. This resource is:
- Full of old favourites and new ideas
- Graded and categorised
- Ideal for warm-ups, lesson breaks, replacement teachers, rewards, rainy days and camps
- A fun way to develop skills and promote understanding of musical concepts
- Suitable for students with and without prior musical knowledge
- An ideal assessment tool.
Here is a copy of the contents page for 40 Simple Music Games which includes a list of the games included in this resource.
40 Simple Music Games Contents Page
Game Sample: Body Rhythm Echo
- Teacher/leader plays a short (onebar) rhythm using body percussion
- Class echoes.
- Teacher/leader repeats rhythm – but uses a different body percussion sequence. (See demo video below)
- Students must echo the rhythm exactly.
- Students can be chosen to be leader.
- Choose different time signatures.
- Include vocal sounds as part of the rhythm.
- Increase the difficulty level by extending the length of the rhythm.