An Orff approach to drumming by Christoph Maubach and Star Sherret
Suitable for middle to upper primary students.
Great for Djembe, Conga, Bongo, Tubano or any Hand Drum!
This engaging step-by-step music journey takes children and teachers on a hands-on drumming tour of Africa . The resource includes:
- DVD step-by-step drumming lessons
- CD examples of songs
- Book of instructions and illustrations.
- 5 classroom-drumming pieces in the African style, each including 3 different rhythms
- 5 chants/songs in the African style
- Simple, clear and sequential lesson developments
- Bonus speech rhythm and percussion games
Each drum piece is taught on DVD via a sequential approach, beginning with rhythmical speech, moving to body percussion and leading to drums or percussion: say > body > play.